We’ve spent 20 years developing a placemaking process that is as easy as
1 2 3
Research & Analysis
We start with learning and discovery. We will listen and learn about you and your project, go with you on site tours, neighbourhood tours and conduct market and competitor audits. We run some workshops and generally get under the skin of the project.
Workshops & Learning Journeys
We design a set of workshops, events and exercises, specific to your project. They are challenging and insightful and are designed to share knowledge, unlock insight and rapidly build consensus to create a single vision. We show how the new insights can be applied to your project, allowing the team to see the project’s opportunities in a new light.
Game Plan & Execution
We develop the tools to share insight internally and externally. Our findings are distilled into a vision and a set of principles that the team can champion and execute. The result is a clear articulation of what you are making, why and for who. This will build team cohesion, ease decision-making and help build support with planners, local communities, press, stakeholders and future customers.
Finding the Why
A process of workshops enabling you to establish a clear idea of what you are making, why and for who. This produces 4 key deliverables:
- Project Vision Statement (what is this place)
- Place Narrative (telling the story)
- Place Strategy (the roadmap to success)
- The Manifesto (spreading the word)
Landing the Value
If you already have a vision we can help you execute your plans in order to maximise support, demand and value. We focus on 6 primary workstreams:
- Masterplan and planning briefs
- Ground floor land-use planning
- Staged placemaking and phasing
- Management strategy and organisational delivery
- Retail merchandise and mix strategies
- Retail and public space activation strategy
Game Plan and Execution
We also work with clients to create narratives to help guide public consultations, secure planning approval or win a land tender. Our three-stage process and development experience can be applied to any number of challenges.
- Bid Vision, Strategy and Narrative
- Planning Vision, Strategy and Narrative
- Sales Vision, Strategy and Narrative
- Experiential Marketing
- Brief Writing
- Architectural Competitions
- Charettes and Rapid Prototyping
- Cultural Strategies
Wordsearch place can help you to rapidly unlock and capture the knowledge in your team and turn it into a clear, differentiated vision and results focused strategy.
Then we can help you execute it with confidence.